The Home Decorators Ultimate Guide to Wallpapers – How to Use, Styles, Maintenance and More
Are you planning a home renovation? Looking to jazz up your interiors? Looking for a nice alternative to paint that doesn’t cost a fortune?
Welcome to the world of wallpapers! Wallpapers are the latest trends in home decoration. If you are not sure how to use wallpapers for your home, this guide will give you all that you need to know.
What are the Types of Wallpapers available in the Market?
Generally, wallpapers are divided based on the installation process. Here are the top types of wallpapers in the market:
- Non-pasted – These are the old types of wallpapers that were used a few decades ago. They are printed papers with designs on one side and plain on the other side. These are fixed to the wall using adhesive paste. The major drawbacks of this style of wallpaper is that installation process is tedious, complicated and there are plenty of chances for it to turn messy.
- Pre-pasted – Compared to non-pasted, these wallpapers are easier to use. All you have to do is moisten it with water and stick to walls. The major drawback of this wallpaper is that it doesn’t lock when compared to the other styles.
- Self-adhesive – Most wallpapers today fall into this category. It has a layer of gum on the inner side and all you have to do is remove the backing paper and stick it on the wall. The major benefit of this style of wallpaper is that it’s mess-free, easy to install and long-lasting.
When you hear the word wallpaper, most customers think of only paper wallpapers. But, there are plenty of other wallpaper styles like:
- Vinyl – This is the most common type of wallpaper and is easily available. Unlike paper, vinyl wallpapers do not absorb moisture and dirt. The one major drawback of vinyl wallpapers is that they do not give a refined finish.
- Paper – This is the cheapest of the lot. But, the major drawback is that it tears easily, is prone to wearing out due to moisture.
- Fabric – It’s long-lasting, but it’s difficult to install. Another drawback is that it can get dirty easily and may not suit all interiors.
- Finally, Stone Wallpapers – This is the biggest trend in wallpapers right now. Stone wallpapers are self-adhesive, meaning you can easily peel and stick on it walls.
As the leading slate stone wallpaper suppliers in India, we have a wide range of stone wallpapers in various colours and textures.
Wondering why you should choose stone wallpapers for your home? Here are some of the benefits of stone wallpapers for your home:
- Easy installation – Unlike wall paints, stone wallpapers are super easy to install. Our range of stone wallpapers are peel-and-stick, meaning all you have to do is remove the backing paper and stick it on walls.
- Less time consuming – The installation can be completed in just a few minutes and you don’t have to spend a fortune on hiring trained professionals to complete the installation.
- Elegant and adds to the Aesthetic – This is one of the biggest benefits of stone wallpapers. For years, stone has been a favourite building material and used for gorgeous palaces and castles to contemporary homes. Now, you can add the beauty of natural stone to your home using 3D stone wallpapers from Décor Luxury Stones.
- Pocket-friendly – Unlike paint and other wall treatment options like natural stone slabs, stone wallpapers just cost a fraction of the overall price.
- Durability – Stone wallpapers last for years without needing frequent repairs. All you have to do is clean it with water and soap and the stone looks polished for years down the line.
Have we convinced you of the benefits of stone wallpapers? As the leading suppliers of 3D stone wallpapers in India, we have a wide range of stone wallpapers to suit all your interior needs. Get in touch with us to place your orders.